As promised during our IG Live segment "Brewin' with Bobby and Minka" (Tuesdays and Fridays, 10am, during this COVID lockdown), here's the recipe for how to make our famous Iced Minty Cubano at home.
You'll need to make two bits first: minty syrup and milk cold brew.
- Take the mint and muddle it at the bottom of a vessel (jar, or whatever you have). Don't destroy the mint. You want to mostly bruise it.
- Pour the boiling water over it and let it steep for 4 minutes.
- Put the sugar in your final jar. Strain the minty-water over the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Milk Cold Brew:
- put these in a jar. Mix well. The coffee will float on top of the milk and separate, so every now and then, stir it up to keep it mixed well. Put it in the fridge.
- after 24 hours or so, strain. Pro tip - don't use a paper filter. Use a metal filter. Ideally you set this whole thing up in a french press and press the grounds out.
Finishing the Drink:
- Take about 6oz of your Milk Cold Brew and toss in 2oz your mint syrup. If you have a shaker, throw some ice in there and shake it up to create a frothy mix.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and enjoy it on one of these gloriously pollution free LA days!